Moonshine Treasures Embroidery Exhibition Winner

"Moonshines Treasures" Winner

The Embroiderer's Guild of New Zealand has a Regional Exhibition every 2 years.
This time one of the categories was entitled Moonshine.
I wasn't going to enter, but this picture in my mind just had to be embroidered
The moonshine can reveal all sorts of treasures

A close up of the bottle of Moonshine Whisky.  It is sitting near a log made out of a silk rod which I have dyed.  I sell these in the shop in all sorts of colours



The background was silk fabric for the sky, and needle felted forest floor which I stitched over and added couched threads
The trees in the background were made of fabrics then stitched over to make the texture
The large trees on the right were a silk fabric, which I painted, stitched over to make the texture, then stitched and padded them to the background

Hokonui Meandering
Judges Selection Winner

The background fabric was painted and the fields were stitched in long and short stitch in various colours of green
The daisies and grasses were embroidered over the top to give the effect of distance like looking from a roadside

Here you can see more of the background stitching

I have enjoyed creating these embroideries using threads from my shop

Comments

  1. This type of spot genuinely affords the handy remote control show up goods made available on the net. Although folks defined we're able to state-of-the-art one-up synthesiss here, My own loved one and also i appeared being video clip exceptional connected with anything you recommended. Consecrate folks pertaining to midst we all to the organize. New Zealand wool

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment