Wool and Cars seem to Multiply

Boys and their Toys
I thought it was the wool that multiplied around our place, but it seems that cars are also multiplying
This photo shows Bill's Morris 8 on the right.  It is nearly finished and looking good.
On the left is a 1936 4 door Morris 8 belonging to Keith Jeffrey of Winton

Don't they make a great show lined up together

Keith's Morris which is a hard top and four door sparkling in the sunshine

 

And then David Calvert arrived with his bright red 2 door Morris 8.
Of course Bill had to try it to see if it was the same as his
 
Bill & David with their cars. 


 
 And now to the wool.  These are some new skeins of yarn I have been spinning.  They are made up of a mixture of wool, Silk, Alpaca, and  Banana Fibre or Bamboo mixed in to give a lovely handle.
I use these type of yarns for the fingerless gloves and hats.  They have a longer colour changes and make interesting and unique articles.  they are usually less than 100 gm but it is easy to make more of each colourway if required.  These skeins are for sale - from left to right
1: 66 gm $16.50; 2: 58 gm $14.50; 3: 61 gm $15.30; 4: 94 gm $23.50; 5: 61 gm $15.30
Email me at jangibb@slingshot.co.nz for more details
 

 
Showing some of the Embroidery Threads in the studio.  I have heaps of colours, but it is amazing how often I don't always have the right colour for projects.  Makes me experiment to dye specific colours to add to the selection I have available

And more knitting wool

 
Some of the hand dyed Double Knitting Wool.  I use this wool in the children's garments I make along with plain colours.  See the example if the girls jacket below. It fits a 2 year old and is for sale for $65
 I find the bright colours are very popular


Some of the dyed wool for spinning. 
 I have been dyeing alpaca fleece and am very tempted to spin some of it finely for a
lovely warm scarf
 

 

Comments