36 Morris Car & Stewart Island Embroidery

 

With a lot of the fittings back on the car, it is looking really good now.
In fact it is a source of interest, not only for the guys, but also it is greatly admired by some of the Gore Spinning Group ladies - well I think it is the car they are admiring, and I thought they were coming to the studio...!



 
More embroidery this week.  I am on a time frame for the ANZEG Southern Region Embroiderers Exhibition.  See more detail on Southern Stitchers website.
 
My project is Stewart Island. 
Bill's Great Grandfather built several boats on Stewart Island, and I am taking this as a theme
This is the basis for the Island made from hand dyed Silks

I have stitched the bush on the Island and have 3 oysters and a Blue Cod in the sea.
Stitching on the sea is in progress

A close up of the bush stitching.
This has become a bigger project than I had first thought, but it is coming together now.
Our exhibition is in September, so I have to keep working at it.
 
I will be spinning Milk Fibre next week, so show photos etc then
Jan

Comments

Post a Comment